Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Divine Hours

If you look at my personality description given by Dicepool.com. You will note I am a dependable, friendly, charming, good looking, respectable, outgoing, and brilliant leader of friends. But it doesn't mention anything about discipline. Which I don't have in spades.

On Charlie's recommendation I picked up a copy of, "The Divine Hours: Prayers for Springtime" It's a neat not so little book with prayers, psalms, and hymns to go through three times a day. I did my first batch today at lunch, and it definitely didn't suck.

After going through today's "Midday Office" I went back to the front to see if I did it right. At the end of the instruction they gave some directions on how to chant or sing my way through it. They also had a quote from St. Augustine, "Whoever sings, prays twice."

This evening I will be doing it twice. I will keep you all informed on how it is going.

C.

1 comment:

Can Opener Boy said...

That sounds like a great not-little book! I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews as you get more into it!

~ cob