Actually, I think I was just wrong.
Last night P. and I had a few people over for dinner and a go at a new game I bought yesterday. We made chicken, cheese and chicked and cheese enchiladas with some spanish rice. P. picked up a sparkling peach and a sparkling lemon beverage. To finish, she picked up a Betty Crocker boxed lemon cake. No comments on the cake, I know how some of you feel about that already.
After our friends got here we played the new game. Painful I think it was for all of us. I was tired, P was tired, everyone was tired and here is this new game with it's odd litttle rules. After finishing the first (and only) game, we ate.
The food was good. The conversation was good. The cake was good. And they took off before Candace had to break the law to get home.
After a leisurely morning of lounging and looking at old SNL skits on the internet, P. made me an offer. "I can think of something fun to do." As she was standing in the kitchen next to the pile of dishes last night, I knew right away she was being facetious. We (she mostly) did the dishes and went back to lounging around. A few minutes ago I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. As I reached down to the newly cleaned almost dry water glasses, I saw the wine glasses we drank the nifty sparkling beverages from last night.
The glasses were a wedding present from a friend of mine. There is history there and alot of coolness, but I won't go into it because I have already rambled long enough in getting to the point. But when I looked at the glasses I thought of him. I remebered the fun we had together. I remembered our last conversation. I remembered the difficulties he was/is going through.
What was I wrong about?
When we got married we asked everyone for cash. We had all the stuff we needed. Still pretty much do. More than we need by far. We were thankful for the gifts, whether or not you have as yet recieved a card. We used the cash to get our bed and matress. But when I sit on our bed, as I am right now, I don't remember all of the people that contributed to it. I don't remember what those people mean to me.
Maybe I was wrong to ask for cash for gift giving occesions.
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a cool little game in my garage game-cupboard called something like "Zombie Fast Food Restaurant" that you gave me. I almost never play it, since it is for more than two people and, well, to be honest it is more fun to me than to most of the people I know. =O)
My point (and I do have one) is: it is something you gave me, so it is neat to me.
I hope to play it again some day. With you and others.
~ K
Post a Comment