Friday, January 27, 2006

Self Absorbed

I have this picture of me sitting in front of a mirror. I look across and smile.

Mirror: "I love you more."
Me: "I love me more."
Mirror: "No, I love you more."
Me: "No, I love me more."

If it was just me and the mirror it wouldn't be so bad. Barring the psychotic nature of it all. But what it ends up being me sitting with people I love and it goes something like this.

Them: "I'm really hurting."
Me: "I love me more."
Them: " I need your love."
Me: "No, I love me more."

1 comment:

Can Opener Boy said...

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the first painful step of pastoring people: recognizing the vast extent of your own self absorption.

Painful though it may be, it is healthy and good, and opens a door for God's healing in you.

Keep up the good work!

~ Keith