This week has been a hard one to get excited about being at work. Having Monday off and then heading out on vacation Friday has left me feeling disconnected and unmotivated. I know being unmotivated is my choice, but kinda feel like I am on a weekend between vacations.
I have been doing some rearranging of my blog to get more stuff up that I wanted to include one year (about 10 posts =/) ago. The big thing I wanted to have was a list of books I am currently reading, a list of books I have recently read, and a list of my favorite books of all time. I got a partial list of books I am currently reading (or are in my book pile) started and I just finished one of them, so now I have to start the new group I guess.
I have ben playing alot of Renaissance Kingdoms lately. The link is over to the right somewhere. I love free online video games, and when ifind one I particularily like I will contribute monetarily. Maybe that is silly of me, paying for something that is free, but I have made no claims about the absense of my silliness. Anyway, alot of the game is "played" in the forums. I have never been one to partake in lengthy forum discussions, but recently I have been enjoying it. It is an outlet for some of my creative juices, and the discussions I have participated in of late have been of import to me in real life.
There are a few people (probably only 2 individuals) trying to start a gnostic cult in game. What I have discovered is that if I were sitting across the table talking to these people face to face I wouldn't know what to say. The other thing that has been a challenge for me is that from the history of what these people do in the forums, it appears to me that they don't actually believe this stuff. What they want seems to be power (I know that sounds funny when talking about an online free video game). I guess that just seems so foriegn to me as the game is one where cooperation leads to more success. We aren't talking about Illuminati (the game by Steve Jackson), Settlers of Catan (one of the best games ever) or Catch Phrase (an annoying game everyone I know loves to play) where you win by yourself by going against other people. I am talking about a game with no winner. A game where by working together makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.
Harumph.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hiya...found this via your profile on RK. :)
Post a Comment