I think we've all been there. We've made the worst possible statement for the situation, hurt a friend, and feel like crap about it. I certainly have. But that's different. First, we didn't realize that it would be damaging. Second, we truly was sorry.
But what's with the passive aggresive namby pamby BS of saying something that is calculated to offend or cause harm and then fall back on "I didn't mean to offend you." or, "Not to be offensive, but..."
It's a bunch of crap.
Admit it. Admit that you were trying to be offensive. Admit that you intended harm. Or admit that you don't care whether or not what you said caused harm.
Don't hide behind the veil of civility.
Don't pee in someone's Wheaties and say, "Oops."
I am a little hot right now...
Friday, April 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment